Your donations make a difference!
Our librarians buy storybooks at local fairs for our keen readers along with school textbooks. We offer exciting outreach programs including literacy and ICT classes and theatre opportunities. Greatest care is taken to maintain our existing libraries and, where there is strong local government support, to build additional ones.
OCLF, Canada, is run entirely by volunteers, board members included. Overhead costs in 2019 were 5%. OLF, Ghana, partners with seven municipalities that are responsible for salaries and utilities. We recognize the importance of sustainability. OLF board members are volunteers.
Here is how you can donate:
- Cheques made payable to Osu Children’s Library Fund can be mailed to 90 Albert St, Winnipeg, MB Canada R3B 1G2.
- Monthly or one time contributions can be made through CanadaHelps, a non-profit Canadian organization with a secure website. CanadaHelps will NOT reveal contact details unless this information is authorized. Tax receipts are issued by CanadaHelps.
- Donation of securities should be transferred to:
Osu Children’s Library Fund, Registered Canadian charity # 88 990 4264RR0001
c/o BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc.
Suite 1000, 525-8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1
Attention: Mark Boulay (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (403) 750-0832)
A tax receipt will be issued for the security’s selling price on its trading day. Please contact OCLF’s Treasurer Janice Tye at email@example.com for more information.
- Bequests are gratefully received and should be arranged through a lawyer. OCLF’s registered number is 88 990 4264RR0001.
- Aeroplan points are welcome. Aeroplan Member Donation Program
- Donations made in Ghana can be deposited directly into either our cedi or USD account:
Osu Libary Fund
c/o Ecobank, Main Branch, 2 Morocco Lane, Accra
Cedi (GHS) account # 1441001243385 (Swift code: ECOCGHAC)
USD account # 2441001243384 (Swift code: ECOCGHAC)
Purchase a bag to support deserving library members. These Ghana-made bags contain eight local storybooks, a towel, and soap. The cost for one bag is $50. A tax receipt will be sent to the donor together with an acknowledgement card. In the case of an In Memoriam designation, OCLF will send the card directly to the family if an address is provided.
To date we have given out 1,572 bags!
honouring a special occasion
OCLF will send our cards to acknowledge birthdays, anniversaries, or In Memoriam, gifts.